Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Shuttle Chef

The Shuttle Chef is a technological miracle akin in convenience to the food processor and hands-free mixer. It makes my cooking life AWESOME.

I thought I might as well do a special on it, since I use it all the time and love it. Of course, there are probably other brands of the same thing, but this is the one I use and it's never done me wrong.

The website:
http://www.amazon.com/Thermos-Shuttle-Liter-Thermal-Cookware/dp/B000MGEEC2
**There's also one twice as big, that fits two pots.

So here's the skinny!

WHO: You, in your kitchen less often
WHAT: The Shuttle Chef, this huge thermos thing you put your Shuttle Chef pot in
WHEN: Anytime.
WHERE: Store it anywhere -- it's not tall and I put it under my bed in my tiny single!
HOW: You bring something to a boil, then simmer 5-10 mins, then put in to keep EXACTLY that temperature for hours!!

Things I make with the Shuttle Chef:
1) Rice porridge - bring to a boil, cover, put immediately in & ready in 3 hours!
2) Mung bean dessert soup w/ winter gourd block sugar - bring to boil, put immediately in & it's ready in 30 minutes!
3) Hearty & Healthy Lentil Soup (Feb 13th, 2011)
4) Boeuf Bourguignon - prepare the stew at night, simmer 10 mins and put in overnight. Wake up, put solids in another pot, boil down the juice to make the sauce, and you're done! Or just eat it as a stew.

It's perfect for making stuff in the morning and coming home to a delicious and STILL WARM meal! Plus, it will never boil over, burn on the bottom, and all your veggies and potatoes will stay intact because the water isn't constantly roiling.

1 comment:

  1. But you need to put up the pot with an oven mitt or wash cloth -- super hot!

    ReplyDelete